Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscar Red Carpet.


A few weeks ago I watched Reese Witherspoon on the Conan O'Brien show.
Not only did she talk about Pinterest and crafting, she said something that I thought was very true about the
whole red carpet broo-haha.

She said that she would like to talk about the movie and not about the dress she is wearing.
That wearing the dress has become the focus, not the work. I think she said she likes dressing up, but wishes it was not the most important thing.

She said it in a much cuter, more perfect way.

But I thought that would be terrible if a picture I took was given a great award and all anyone wanted to talk about was my
.....hair and makeup or lack thereof.

That would be a bummer.

So I am going to try to say something about the person that I show today...
and their work.



138320997PH280_84th_Annual_

This is Penelope Cruz.
The last movie I saw her in was Vicky, Christina Barcelona.
Her part was very short, yet she won the Oscar for it.

This dress is a beautiful color and she looks so great.


138320997RH280_84th_Annual_


This is the Prince and Princess of Monaco.
The Princess stunning.
And she always looks a little frightened and sad.
Her dress is by someone from Switzerland named Akris.
I love the neckline.

I have my opinions about these two.


138320997MW207_84th_Annual_

Tina Fey is smart. She is funny. She is Greek. She is beautiful.

This dress is by Carolina Herrera. It is dark blue with a black velvet ribbon.
I love it.
She looks perfect.

George Clooney, Best Actor nominee, in Giorgio Armani

This is George and his girlfriend Stacy Keibler.

She is not an elf. As far as I know.
She dressed low key for all of the other award shows....but she chose a fabulous dress for this show.
Let's see. I know Stacy from Dancing with the Stars. I think she is a professional wrestler...or something.

What can I say about Stacy. She was known for her legs on Dancing with the Stars.

Her dress is beautiful and is perfect for the Oscars.


138320997PH271_84th_Annual_

This is Colin Firth and his wife.
Her dress is feminine and pretty. The top looks ill fitting, but I still liked something about it.
And I don't mean her husband.



Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli


Emma Stone is a bright up and coming actress. I'm not sure how well she can act, but she gets a lot of parts.
I saw her in The Help, which was the best movie of the year, in my opinion. She was also in that movie with Ryan Gossling and Steve Carrel. Again. Can't say much about her acting, but it was a fun movie with one or two hilarious scenes.

Oh yes. The dress. The color was great and I liked it actually....the bow was too big....but what do I know.

Apparently...I think I know a lot.

Michelle Williams, Best Actress nominee, in Louis Vuitton


This is Michelle Williams. She is wearing Louis Vuitton. She is graceful and quiet.
She played Marilyn Monroe this year.
I am not sure I have ever seen a movie with her in it and I sure didn't learn any thing about her career watching the award shows.

She wins Best Dressed.

And actually she looked great all season.


Now about the awards.

There are six awards anybody wants to see.

Six.

The clips for the actors were about 10 seconds. It was just terrible.
I don't think the people who win for sound editing and mixing and editing and what no should be allowed to come up and talk.
Makeup and Costumes too. Just show us. Call the winner and say. Good work. Fine work. Stay in your seat. Thanks.

Last night we went two and a half hours with only two 'actor' awards being given. This is crazy.

I would give the big six noms lots of time. Clips from the movie AND interview/voice overs...that sort of thing.
I don't mind a little entertainment and the 'dearly departed' section is always touching.
The filmed bits were all good especially the 'best in show' troop.

See. I think I could do better.

In my house. I am the best. at everything.

****

I did pick Minny/Octavia Spencer the day I told you about The Help

Jessica Chastain, Meryl Streep. Lovely and talented.

I haven't seen the Artist, so that was kind of a bummer.....but I am just so glad that Tree of Life did not win.

The movies I have seen and recommend;
The Help
Moneyball
Midnight in Paris



I still had a super fun time watching and gabbing on Facebook with the Columbia Contingent and Internet friends from here and there. The boring stuff gave me lots of time to gather pictures from all over the internet and save them to my computer.

And I was able to edit a picture or two from the weekend.

Wanna see.



DSC_7582


Asher.

We had a lovely time.
I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.


Encourage one another,
Donna

159947_1330308758

I forgot Nina Garcia. She is a magazine editor for Marie Claire. I think. I thought she was really close to winning it all.
She was on the red carpet to interview, but really...how beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.