Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar, oscar, oscar....


The Academy Award nominations were announced this morning.   I have heard of every movie except for Amour.  Just the other day I saw clips from "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and I became interested in seeing it soon.  Interesting that "The Master" is nominated for several awards, I thought it was panned.  I have NO interest in seeing "Zero Dark Thirty" and it drives me crazy how the Academy voters love war movies so much.  I suppose they ARE dramatic.  I just hate them. 
"Platoon" is the worst movie I ever watched.  Hated it.
I also will not go see "Life of Pi", unless Stephie goes to it and writes a glowing review about it.
I will see "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Beasts" before the Awards on Feb. 24th.

Nominations for the 85th Academy Awards
Performance by an actor in a leading role
Bradley Cooper in “Silver Linings Playbook”
Daniel Day-Lewis in “Lincoln”
Hugh Jackman in “Les Misérables”
Joaquin Phoenix in “The Master”
Denzel Washington in “Flight”
Performance by an actor in a supporting role
Alan Arkin in “Argo”
Robert De Niro in “Silver Linings Playbook”
Philip Seymour Hoffman in “The Master”
Tommy Lee Jones in “Lincoln”
Christoph Waltz in “Django Unchained”
Performance by an actress in a leading role
Jessica Chastain in “Zero Dark Thirty”
Jennifer Lawrence in “Silver Linings Playbook”
Emmanuelle Riva in “Amour”
Quvenzhané Wallis in “Beasts of the Southern Wild”
Naomi Watts in “The Impossible”
Performance by an actress in a supporting role
Amy Adams in “The Master”
Sally Field in “Lincoln”
Anne Hathaway in “Les Misérables”
Helen Hunt in “The Sessions”
Jacki Weaver in “Silver Linings Playbook”

Achievement in directing
“Amour” Michael Haneke
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” Benh Zeitlin
“Life of Pi” Ang Lee
“Lincoln” Steven Spielberg
“Silver Linings Playbook” David O. Russell
Best motion picture of the year
“Amour” Nominees to be determined
“Argo” Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck and George Clooney, Producers
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” Dan Janvey, Josh Penn and Michael Gottwald, Producers
“Django Unchained” Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin and Pilar Savone, Producers
“Les Misérables” Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Debra Hayward and Cameron Mackintosh, Producers
“Life of Pi” Gil Netter, Ang Lee and David Womark, Producers
“Lincoln” Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers
“Silver Linings Playbook” Donna Gigliotti, Bruce Cohen and Jonathan Gordon, Producers
“Zero Dark Thirty” Mark Boal, Kathryn Bigelow and Megan Ellison, Producers



The Golden Globes are this weekend.  There will be a fashion show here on the blog on Monday.  For sure.  I am looking forward to this award show more than any other this year as Tina Fey and Amy Pohler are the hostesses!!  They will be fantastic, I am sure.  High hopes for a fun night with the Golden Globes.

Very excited to see the fashions.


Let me know if you have seen Life of Pi or Amour or Beasts of the Southern Wild.  I am mostly curious about those movies.  Amour looks sad and dreadfully slow to me AND one must read subtitles.  

Anybody.  
Bueller.
Bueller.


I really do love the movies.

Really.  Have you seen Now, Voyager?

Source: google.com via Donna on Pinterest



Dr. Jasquith: I thought you said you came here to have a nervous breakdown.
Charlotte: About that, I've decided not to have one. 



Charlotte Vale: Oh Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars. 


Find it.  It's a good one.
(Bette Davis stars)


Okay. That's enough.

Ta Ta for now,
Donna

p.s. I was not impressed with Sally Field's Mary Todd Lincoln.
But I like her, I really like her.