Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Warm and Slippery Socks




The trick to knitting socks quickly is using thicker yarn and bigger needles.

Now this is probably the most obvious thing in the world...but I'm the kind of person who has to experience things, a few times, before I really 'get it'.

The U of I socks took me three days to knit.
This is such a quick project and I love it!

Knitting a pair of socks on #1 needles with sock weight yarn takes me a full two weeks.

Now, I'm not really in a big rush. No deadlines to fill, really.

But a finished project gives me a little thrill.

Thanks for sharing your great sock idea with me, Lynn.
I used a size four needle and double strands of Dale of Norway Baby Ull.
Soft and Superwash! Nice!

But watch out! They're slippery :o)

And speaking of slippery. When you were children, did you ever spray Pledge on the floor so you could have slidding contests?

That stuff is amazing :o)

_______________

Question of the Day


What is the last thing you baked from scratch?


I made homemade chicken noodle soup on Sunday.
And last night I made a grilled cheese sandwich for Emma and a hamburger for Patrick.

Cooking has been the last thing on my mind lately. I think it's time to start planning and cooking again.

At the beginning of the school year, we have soccer practice and games three nights a week and Katie has choir during the dinner hour one night of the week. On these nights I do not prepare dinner in the traditional sense.

We will have sloppy joes, pizza or cod nuggets...that sort of thing.

I AM feeding the family.

But I can do better.

How about you?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.