Thursday, January 18, 2007

About that sledding....





Watch out for little, out of control eight year olds.

They're dangerous!


Emma has made Boucher history by breaking a bone.
One bone in her right hand.

Poor dear.
She is not in much pain at all.

But, this puts a damper on her indoor soccer season...
playing guitar for youth group,
music internship at House of Prayer,
work at Old Navy,
and, well, just about everything....

Like I said, she is one tough girl, and doesn't complain about the pain...
but I think the inconvenience will be very hard for her.

Emma had excellent medical care. There just happened to be three sports medicine interns and the main sports medicine doc at the clinic yesterday afternoon. All four of them came in at one time to watch Emma's hand examination.


Then two of the docs made a splint which will stay on until the swelling goes down.
And Monday Emma will get a cast.

At one point I questioned the young intern about Ibuprofen.

"Is Ibuprofen an anit-inflammatory?" I said.
"Yes, it is. Are you in medical field?" she asked.
"No. I'm not a doctor. I just play one at home." I joked.


Well, I thought it was funny. :o)

(And by the way, the docs prefer Emma take Tylenol for several reasons. But she doesn't seem to need it. Stoic. I hope to be around when she gives birth some day!)


So...

Tell us about the broken bones in your house!
Did you know right away?


Hey...in case you are fed up with the shenanigans over at American Idol...
check out Nashville Star!
Thursday Nights 9:00 USA Network.
It's so much better than Idol!

YeeHaw!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.