Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sleepless in Verona, that's me.

It was one of those nights.

Wake up to go to the bathroom,
come back to bed only to
toss
and turn
for hours.

Actually after just one hour of tossing
Katie dashed in the room to ask if she could sleep with me.
Bears were chasing her in her dream.
I usually don't ask about the dreams but you see,
she was staring at me,
so I said,
"What was the dream about?"
With a clear and wide awake voice she relates her odd tale.

"That's silly. Now, go to sleep."

An hour later she is still wiggling beside me and I tell her she can get up.
It's finally 6:45.

She heads downstairs to watch tv. (I just asked her what she watched. She can't remember.)

So of course, I fall asleep. I always fall asleep at 7:00 when I've been tossing most of the night.

And just as I was having a bloggy dream. ( Sis Sue was showing me a blog page where she and Knit and Tonic Wendy were writing back and forth...)

I hear that little voice break thru my dream.
"Mom, it's 8:00 and I'm lonely."

I am fuzzy headed and would still like to stay in bed.
But my mom-guilt will not let me stay in bed any longer.
(What am I a lazy-bones or something?)

I come down the stairs and Katie greets me with,
"I'm sorry I woke you, mom."

"It's okay Katie."



*************





Our library has these little tiny( 3.5 in. x 2 in. ) books in 'ipod' form.
I chose The Red Badge of Courage to try out.
Yesterday I walked and listened.
While I didn't care for the story, (I really don't like war stories at all)
and the headphones kept falling out, (I think my earholes are the wrong shape)
I did not get so bored walking that I wanted to turn around immediately and head for home.

I think with the right book, I could learn to like this...walking and reading.

Very cool.

**********

Emma is still asleep.
I don't have the heart to wake her this morning.
Her cast was bothering her last night. She asked me to get her some Tylenol.
My guess is she didn't have the best night either.
With that glow in the dark-Garfield Goose-cast keeping her awake all night!


When you can't sleep,
Do you get up or do you stubbornly keep trying to fall back asleep?


Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get up. ~Author Unknown


People who snore always fall asleep first. ~Author Unknown




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.