Tuesday, January 30, 2007




Alllllmmmooossstttt done with yet another pair of socks.
I am starting to bore even myself. Which is pretty hard to do :o)

First of all.

Guess the name of the yarn I used?
Not the company name...but the artsy name of the colorway.

If there is a winner they will receive a pair of teeny socks. (Ornament left over from Christmas.)

So guess away.


I should be making something other than socks very soon.

You see, I have a hard time parting with more than $25 at a time for yarn.
You can not make larger items for under twenty-five dollars.
And really that's okay. I have enjoyed every sock, ever felted buttonhole bag, and every hat I have made.
Totally.

But, yesterday I read about Allison and Evan.
Allsion sells yarn at Supercrafty.
Her little baby boy, Evan, has a brain tumor.

Buying yarn from Supercrafty helps their family pay medical bills.

Now that is a very good reason for me to by some yarn to make a bigger project.
Perhaps that shawl I've been wanting...or a sweater for one of the girls...

So, I did. I bought ten skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in light pink.

Bliss.

If you need to buy yarn or needles, or a pattern you might like to check out Supercrafty.

She has a 100% Ebay rating and her earnings go to a very important little guy.

So that's that. I'll let you know what I decide to knit with my pretty, soft, pink yarn. (It's already been shipped! Fine service!)


Encourage one another,
Donna


p.s. I read about Allison and Evan at Crazy Aunt Purls blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.