Thursday, January 25, 2007







Homemaking Meme by Sallie
First spotted at Kim's
I visit Kim quite often and she is a great homemaker! She even made bagels this week! Pretty impressive!



Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
I have never owned or worn an apron. My spotty shirts are a testimony to this fact.



Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Birthday cakes.
Carrot and Red Cake.



Clothesline – Y/N?
Yes, until it fell down last summer.
I need to rig one up again in the summer.



Donuts – Have you ever made them?
No. But my husband and son have.



Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day

Dishes.



Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Nope.



Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Yes siree bob.
I can not imagine living without one.


Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Um. Nothing.




Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Hate it. Rarely do it.
My son, Matthew would rather iron his shirts than hang them up.
Funny kid.


Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
One in the kitchen.
One in the upstairs bathroom.

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Oak cabinets, yellow walls.


Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
The moment a room is clean.
I really love a clean house.
I miss my cleaning lady.



Mop – Y/N?
Nope. Hands and knees and a bucket and cloth.


Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I don't have any nylons and can't remember the last time I wore a pair.



Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Open the door. I can't see in very well.


Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions.


Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read.
Blog.


Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I have a quilted recipe holder.
And a booklet.



Style of house – What style is your house?
1980's colonial



Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Tablecloths for holidays only.



Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Pretty good. Except for the growing pile of dirty washcloths.



Vacuum – How many times per week?
Once or less than once.


Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Sevenish


X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No. But I keep track of the food I eat and the exercise I do on Sparkpeople.



Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Patrick Sr., Matthew, Emma.



Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Putting a blanket over my knitting that is on the couch because the cat will get it in the night and drag it all over the house.





Well...I am not going to win any awards for homemaking!
Oh my.



Happy Grey's Anatomy day!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.