Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Is anyone still streaking with me? I have completed ten days in a row.

Last night on a very cool starry night I walked along with one cold Katie and one cold Patrick. Even hatless, I was fine. I have this internal heater going...it's my age I suspect :o)

Patrick told me that last night was his last night of walking until it warmed up to the 40's again :o)

Do you need a little motivation?

Try the Iditawalk!

"An event to promote physical fitness in the spirit of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. The Iditarod Sled dog race is 1049 miles long from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska. To complete the Idita-walk, walk 30 minutes a day for 35 days between Februray 3, 2007 to March 18, 2007 for a total of 1049 minutes."

I participated in the 2003 Iditawalk and have the t-shirt to prove it!

It's nice to have the company of all those brave, hearty folks up in Nome.
BTW, Nomes high temp today will be 14 degrees.

And check out this picture of Nome.

Somehow I don't feel so isolated.

Wow!

One more thing. Here is a link to the trail that the mushers mush.
It's really astonishing.

************

So... all of you teacher's out there....what do you know about fine motor skills?
Most specifically, handwriting.

Katie's handwriting seems to be coming along slowly.
She likes to do her little books...but her skills don't match her enthusiasm.

Anyone know of an age range for when fine motor skills really kicking in?

Thanks!

I don't want to worry unnecessarily.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.