Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hi honey.


oct 12 053asher

This morning I stopped by Melinda's (my daughter-in-law)blog and was greeted by bright eyed, smiling Asher!!!

Oh what a sweet face! I can't wait to see him again! Soon. It will be soon!

Melinda wrote part four of her birth story last night....
if you love birth stories, like I do, visit;

Melinda @ Put on Love


He is pretty bald, isn't he? I don't see any infant acne....it must have gone away quickly.

He is so cute. I can't stop staring at him.



******


Still practicing with my 85mm. It gets easier the more I use it. I am not one of those people who can switch back and for between lenses with ease. It takes me some times to adjust. Days even.


DSC_8558-2



Before and after.

DSC_8555
DSC_8555-3
Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1250)
Aperture f/1.8
Focal Length 85 mm
ISO Speed 400



A few days ago a gal asked in the comments to see some sooc shots.
I put the Paoli pics up for her on Monday and here are a few of Katie that I have taken recently.


DSC_8330DSC_8330-3
Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture f/2.0
Focal Length 50 mm



Shooting into the sun causes glare. Using 'Soft Light' in Photoshop takes care of that problem.

I sharpen, sometimes lighten, almost always do a contrast bump.

That's it. Very easy work flow.

Oh. And I shoot in jpeg.


****

I am thankful to see the miners being brought to safety this morning. What an awful ordeal and what a remarkable rescue!


****

And I am thankful for Asher and his loving parents.


"Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don't mean a thing."
-- Toni Morrison


Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now I have seven children and only one theory: Love them, especially when they least deserve to be loved.
Kate Samperi


"The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires."
— Dorothy Parker


Dang. Where have you been all my life Dorothy?
I actually know nothing about her...but I love that quote.
Must google Miz Parker today.


Happy Wednesday!


Do you have a favorite quote about motherhood or parenting or families to share?

Leave it in the comments!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.