Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Twitter.

Good gravy. Do I need another way to socialize? Really?

Well. I was drawn in by Bonnie's mom Alice. I swear.

When I saw that Alice was tweeting, I had to follow.

I miss Alice and Bonnie now that they are not on television anymore. So I joined.

Alice tells her funny jokes and that's about all.
Bonnie tweets very rarely.


Turns out I follow mostly football players.

This is my son Patrick's fault.
He has been on Twitter for a while and follows lots of sports figures and entertainers. When we were in California he was following basketball players and telling me what they said. I thought it was kind of cool to hear the inside scoop.

I follow Jermichael Finley who has gone in for surgery this morning and Kurt Warner who had a nice dinner with his wife after the show last night.

It really is the epitome of lurking/stalking/ being nosey, isn't it?

I'm not going to analyze this. You can do it. Just don't tell me.
I'm enjoying it.

I want to tell you the best thing I follow....well except Patrick and Emma....

The best thing I follow is C.S. Lewis.

Yes. He has a Twitter.

I get a daily quote from C.S. Lewis and I actually look forward to it.

C.S. Lewis on Twitter


"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now."
~Lewis

and todays...

"Heaven enters wherever Christ enters, even in this life-"
C.S. Lewis



So that is my Tuesday confession...I Tweet.

Most of the time I feel like I am talking to myself, which reminds me of my mother.
We would make so much fun of her when we would catch her talking to herself....

So glad I have twitter so I don't look crazy talking to myself all day long....
even if it is only the illusion that someone is listening....




*****

About DWTS.

Every single year the stars dance the Rumba. Every single year it is a disaster.

The producers placed the hardest dance on a new floor....and then the judges slaughtered them.

Jennifer Grey's tango was spectacular. It think it is my favorite dance of the season and perhaps favorite serious dance of any season. (I'm a big fan of happy dances.)





She is remarkable!! I give it a TEN!
Now. That's dancing!



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.