Friday, October 08, 2010

Sometimes I just don't want to cook.


DSC_8091DSC_8098-cr




Patrick and Katie are happy to eat Culvers every so often.

I ate some Mexican Taco Stew that I prepared a few days earlier. Like most healthy recipes I make, I am the only one eating them so I have to prepare two dinners a night.

Here is the recipe for the Mexican Taco Stew. I found it on a blog, but it is from Whole Foods Cook Book.


Ingredients

1/2 pound 85% lean ground beef or turkey (I used organic ground beef)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 large zucchini or summer squash, cut into small cubes
1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans (I could not find no-salt beans so I just used organic)
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup medium salsa


Method
Brown meat in a large pot over medium high heat. Drain, remove and set aside. In the same pot, sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent. (I like my onions to be a little crunchier than soft so I skip this step and cook the onion, garlic, and meat together for a few minute.) Add meat back to pot and sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning to blend. Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.



*****


Cindy is coming today! I am so happy to see her.
She wondered if there was a 5K going on around Madison this weekend and I looked but didn't find one.
I told her we could walk from the Union up State St., around the Capitol and back to the Union.

Our Orange Chair 1 K.

She loved the idea.

DSC_1551-2

So we will be doing that some time Saturday afternoon.

(You just do not know how painful it is for me to post pictures of myself. I do it to tell the story. I think it adds to the story and fun of it. So I bite the bullet and post the pictures. I shall think of this picture as the before picture. By next July I will climb in that orange chair again...I sure hope to see a lot less of myself.)


****

Cindy is getting here at dinner time....

What should we do for dinner?

I can make something or we can go out for hamburgers downtown...

When you arrive somewhere, do you like to go out or are you happy to stay put?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.