Tuesday, October 05, 2010


DSC_7939-4



October’s Party
by George Cooper

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came.
The Chestnuts, Oaks and Maples,
And leaves of every name.

The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses maple
In scarlet looked their best.

All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

Then in the rustic hollow
At hide-and-seek they played;
The party closed at sundown
And everybody stayed.

Professor Wind played louder;
They flew along the ground;
And then the party ended
In jolly "hands around."




Don't mind me if I share this poem every year, K?

The sound and the worlds just make me feel all glowy inside.

DSC_7977-44

She is a fall child, isn't she?

(Fallen pine needle bokeh. Cool!)


DSC_7954-3


****

Any DWTS opinions this week?

I thought Brandy danced beautifully this week. She had a little attitude adjustment and I liked that...and I thought she was much improved.

I watched Kyle's feet a second time to see what Len was talking about....I thought they looked fine. He had much more complicated steps than many of the other dancers. Perhaps he was not leading with his heel.

Which leads us to The Situation. I felt it was painful to watch him. Why on earth he got those good scores I do not know.

Bristol was stiff and that white dress was awful on her. I think Bristol or The Sit will go.


You know. I always like the athletes attitudes and work ethic.
Kurt's hands were much nicer this week. I thought he was much less Olfish (cindy ;o)
I thought a suit would be more flattering on him and it was! He only weighs 207. Lightest weight since retiring. (Thank you KW Twitter feed)

Rick Fox and Cheryl are fun to watch during practice. She sure has confidence!

My favorite song of the night...The Coffee Shop song. How hilarious that Kyle and Lacy did not know who the Eagles were!!!






Have a fantastic day!

Encourage one another,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. HI, Do you know what does, "hands around" signify in the last line of the poem - October Party"?

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.