Thursday, October 07, 2010

DSC_8013

On the way home from school today I stopped at a nearby florist.
It's kind of a pricey place...but taking pictures is free.


DSC_8018-2


DSC_8019-2

Even unopened the mums were bokehilicious!


****

Here are a few thoughts I wanted to share with you all.

I am reading a book called Plan B by Pete Wilson.


Here are a few lines from the book that I found especially interesting and oddly comforting.


"Someone once said, "Adversity introduces a man to himself."

Oh yeah. Time to readjust my ideas about who God is....


From John Quincy Adams, "Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties and obstacles vanish."


And this.


"I think you may need to hear something. You may be at odds with God right now. You're not happy with the way your life is turning out. You may be praying and pleading with God. (or not)
But is it possible you don't really want God?
Is it possible you just want what you think God can give you?

One of the things I believe God is teaching me in my life theses days is that at times we want our dreams more than we want God. We want what God does for us instead of just God."


You are right Pete. I REALLY needed to hear that.




***


Losing Sue, having to let her go, is the adversity I am going thru, in case you are wondering. I am working thru that grief.



Yesterday at Bible study, Sister Teresa mentioned that two of the Sisters in her community were near death.

The first thing that came to mind was, "Heaven is as prosperous as a soul can get."


Slowly I work thru the difficulties of doubt and faith and life and death and eternity.


Pete Wilson says,

"Sometimes it's right in the middle of our darkness, in the middle of our crisis, in the middle of our Plan B struggles that God speaks most clearly."



Here I am Lord. I am listening.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.