Monday, March 05, 2012

A little bit of this,
a little bit of that...



Yesterday on CBS Sunday morning I watched a story about plastic in the ocean.
It's awful and floats and is as big as Texas. There are five such plastic fields.
When a net is dipped into it, whole pieces of plastic are found. I particularly remember seeing a ring from a milk jug.

It made me want to use less plastic.

Later in the day, I needed to pick up a few things at Target. I thought, I would bring my reusable Starbucks glass and a reusable grocery bag. I forgot both. Then I picked up the things I needed.
Everything was packaged in plastic.

Eye opener. Much.


DSC_8000

I asked the check out boy if they had paper bags at Target. He said yes and went to get me one.

The thought that our/the worlds garbage is dumped in the ocean makes me so sad and disgusted.

I will be trying to use less plastic.
That's all.



****


DSC_7974-6







DSC_7991-7ed









After a trip to the pet store (where we saw the hugest ten month old golden retriever in the world) we took a drive past my favorite church to take pictures of it's windows.

It was window day.


******


Screen shot 2012-03-04 at 5.39.52 PM








And then I got the thrill of a lifetime.

Bonnie Hunt tweeted me.

I said I loved Carroll O'Connor's speech at the end of Return to Me.
Above is her response.


I know that what's happened has been overwhelming. And I know it's going to take a while to sort it all out. But while you're sorting, I want you to remember that all the times I prayed that Gracie would have a second chance at life, I always knew that if God blessed us, the heart she got would have to be from a very special person, if it were going to be at home in Grace. When she met you, her heart beat truly for the first time. Perhaps it was meant to be with you always.

~Return to Me
Gracie's Grandpa speaking to her boyfriend.




*****


DSC_7939


Ginny says....have a happy week!!!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.