Thursday, March 22, 2012

DSC_8735
DSC_8727-7


A spring evening in Wisconsin.

Katie took Ginny for a walk around the block all by herself.
I was afraid this was never going to happen.
But they got along and didn't fight.

I told Katie this morning that 'the walk' was a dream come true for me.

She smiled.




****

DSC_8740-dwtpe


Gee.....what does this look remind me of?















johannes-vermeer-girl-with-a-pearl-earring

johannes vermeer
girl with a pearl earring




How about that?



*******

Patrick and I watched two movies last weekend.

The Decendents

and

My week with Marilyn

****

The Descendants is written by the same man who wrote About Schmidt.
About Schmidt is slow and thoughtful and funny.

The Descendants is not as good as About Schmidt.


Warren Schmidt: I know we're all pretty small in the big scheme of things, and I suppose the most you can hope for is to make some kind of difference, but what kind of difference have I made? What in the world is better because of me?


[Warren is on top of the motor home under a starry night]
Warren Schmidt: Helen, what did you really think of me, deep in your heart? Was I really the man you wanted to be with? Was I? Or were you disappointed and too nice to show it? I forgive you for Ray. I forgive you. That was a long time ago, and I know I wasn't always the king of kings. I let you down. I'm sorry, Helen. Can you forgive me? Can you forgive me?
[a shooting star passes by]



Oh my. About Schmidt was so much better.


Emma was right, The Descendants is depressing and the daughter's have very foul mouths that even shocked me.
(shocking, I know.)

My week with Marilyn was charming and pretty to look at and sweet and revealing.
The acting was very fine.
It is a gentle movie.
I liked it very much.







Lots of love,
Donna


P.s. Tune in tomorrow for the first Flash Back Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.