Saturday, March 24, 2012
I am reading this delightful book. I am just about to find out how the French bebe's 'do their nights'....
It is common to have sleeping thru the night bebe's by 2-4 months.
I used a book called Dr. Turtle's babies.
This worked too.
I happen to parent my bebe's quite French so far.
But we have not gotten to the eating yet.
I know that my little Boucher's did not eat like French children.
AND I did not gain weight like a French woman waiting for her bebe.
Druckerman, so far, has written without acting judge-y.
That awful Tiger Mom turned me off, big time.
I made this when Emma was home. It was super delicious.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
8 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
what I do.
Katie would not like the green chillies. So I do not add them to the sauce.
I put the green chillies in the rolled up tortillas. I make a few without the green chillies.
I keep the chillies-less tortillas on one side and try to remember which side.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Emma adds lots of salsa to spice hers up.
***recipe found at Joyful Momma's Kitchen
I have altered a few things.
Have a great weekend!!!
Encourage one another,