Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pinterest Sharing is over.

This week I learned that companies are making apps to attach themselves to Pinterest.
These apps are making it possible to pin from Instagram.
These new apps are making it possible to print and make books out of your boards.

This is down right stealing and copyright infringement.


Just because something is on the Interenet does not mean you can take their things.

It is just like a beautiful window on a city street.

Just because you like the ring in that gorgeous Tiffany window does not mean you can go in and take it.

They showed you the ring. That must mean you can take it. Right? No. Wrong.

Because I want to share my life and my pictures on my blog does not mean anyone has the right to take my words or pictures and print them out and make books.

That is creepy.


Ben from Pinterest has swept in and created the Pin it tool. It's a handy dandy stealing machine.
Without Ben's consent, other people have jumped on the band wagon and taken it a step further. They are using Ben's
Pin tool and exploiting that technology. Pinterest says they are not responsible for anything. The Pinner is legally responsible for the pins they pin.


Read this if you want to see the legal terms and what they mean


Did he see this happening? Can he do something about it? Will he do something about it?

I won't be sharing any Pins here. I loved doing it. It was super fun. But I just can't.



Instead, today I will send you to Jose Villa's blog.
He is an amazing photographer. How I would love for his images to grace my blog....but I have not asked his permission to do so, so just a little click and you will see the beauty I am talking about.


Jose Villa Blog


How about that dress? Those flowers? Those candles!?

Utter beauty.

Jose uses film.

Doesn't that make you want to get your film camera out again?


Jose Villa did this gorgeous shoot for MAG rouge.
It is an Internet magazine. Free and spectacular.

MAGrouge


Here are some of my favorite blurry pictures from the year.
Please do not take them and put them on Pinterest.

DSC_7035-8


DSC_3194-6


DSC_8825


DSC_9439-5



Add to the Beauty


We come with beautiful secrets
We come with purposes written on our hearts, written on our souls
We come to every new morning
With possibilities only we can hold, that only we can hold

Redemption comes in strange place, small spaces
Calling out the best of who we are

And I want to add to the beauty
To tell a better story
I want to shine with the light
That's burning up inside

It comes in small inspirations
It brings redemption to life and work
To our lives and our work

It comes in loving community
It comes in helping a soul find it's worth

Redemption comes in strange places, small spaces
Calling out the best of who we are


~Sara Groves


Encourage one another
Add to the beauty

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.