Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Be Strong

Be strong!
We are not here to play, to dream, to drift;
We have hard work to do, and loads to lift;
Shun not the struggle-face it; 'tis God's gift.

Be strong!
Say not, "The days are evil. Who's to blame?"
And fold the hands and acquiesce-oh shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God's name.

Be strong!
It matters not how deep intrenched the wrong,
How hard the battle goes, the day how long;
Faint not-fight on! To-morrow come the song.

Maltbie Davenport Babcock



Wouldn't that poem make nice copywork?

After the comforting has been done...I think we can all use a big dose of courage.

Press on.
Be strong.


"We are not here to play, the dream, to drift"
Bummer.

Be strong.


And hey! If your were a man with the name Maltbie you might need this kind of encouragement to make it through grade school! :o)


*************

Question of the Day

If you were to describe your personality using a Native American name, what would it be?

For instance: Kicking Bird, Stands with a fist, Dances with Wolves, Wind in his Hair, Smiles a Lot, Moondove.


And if you've ever thought it would be cool to have a tepee/tipi,
check out this site;

Earthworks Tipis


Encourage one another,
Donna

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalms 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.