Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Oh my...getting a late start on the first day of school...

We're all set and ready to go.

I have an 11th grader and a kindergartener.
Does anyone else have a bigger gap...I'd like to know :o)

I love both ages so I don't have any complaints.

Eleven years ago I started homeschooling.
Emma was my kindergartener, Matthew was in 4th grade and Patrick was in 7th.

We used Calvert and I just loved homeschooling from the start.

The kindergarten Teacher's Manual gave tips on starting out.
My favorite tip was the little prayer/poem they included.

As we come to school today,
Let us not forget to pray
To God, who kept us through the night
And woke us with the morning light

Help us, Lord, to love Thee more
Than we ever loved before;
In all we do, in all we say
To grow more loving every day.



Isn't that a nice way to start the day?

Calvert recommended a hymn, salute to the flag and 'news' time too, but we just said the prayer and played a little game to start the day.

Do any of you sing a song before you start school?
Say the pledge?

I wouldn't mind singing a song! he he he
Got any ideas?

Blessings to all the children who are beginning another year of school...
Wherever they may be going to school!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.