Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Question of the Day

Your forecast

If you had to describe your disposition in meteorological terms, what would a typical forecast be?

Warm and calm with intermittent gusts of wind.

*****************

I was paging through my little spiral index cards this morning and thought I would share this list from Called to Obedience.


What will happen if you don't forgive?

1. Relationship with God will be hindered
2. Relationship with others will be defiled
3. You will reap trouble
4. You will be turned over to the torture or imprisonment of your own unforgiving spirit.


Forgiveness is high on my list of virtues/disciplines to living a joyful life.

I say virtue because it takes supernatural help to be forgiving and discipline because it takes practice.


When we say we would like to be like Christ we sign up to be forgiving.
It is one of God's most remarkable characteristics.

'Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.'

It's daily.
It's hard.
It's obedient.
It's freeing.
It's Biblical.
It's Christlike.

Forgiving is key in dealing with bitterness and anger.

Do you forgive those who hurt you?

I can be easily offended...so learning to quickly forgive has been a great help.
I know that God will help me since it is something He values so highly.

Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galations 6:9



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.