Monday, September 12, 2005

Highlights from the Wisconsin Wool and Sheep Festival




My stylish friend, Lynn aka SWWV, enjoying the Whistle and Crook competition.




This was one, very, annoyed sheep!
Ya know those baby toys that when tipped over make mooing and baaing sounds?
Well...just imagine it, amplified!



Lynn's husband told us there were puppies in one of the barns...it took some searching...
and we finally found them.

And where's the yarn? Well...I guess we weren't in a buying mood. We looked through two huge barns with various vendors and left yarn-less, in search of the sheep.

Both Lynn and I really enjoyed the Whistle and Crook competition.
This is where a dog takes four sheep through a course in a huge field and then corrals them in a small pen. The dog's master stands near the pen a whistles orders to the dog.
They have seven minutes to complete the task. Only one succeeded.

The sheep move like fish in a school. And I was reminded of Dy's funny name for people who follow the crowd. Sheepple.

In the crook portion of the competition the dog and his master must separate two sheep from the group. Same dog as above completed this task.

Overheard at the trials; 'away' and 'that'll do'.
Overheard on the way home; 'umm. pop.' and 'umm. Twizzlers'



Tender words sung in the movie Babe

If I Had Words

If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time
then fill the night deep with moonshine
If I could make a day for you
I'd give you a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time..
then fill the night deep with moonshine


We all had such a nice day!
Thanks Lynn and family...it all worked out beautifully, didn't it?
And what would I do without my helpful husband who held down the fort.
xxoo



...Incidentally, I wasn't feeling too badly about not buying any yarn...because...

I knew I had this coming in the mail....
Hello, Yarn.
'Where have you been all my life?'


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.