Friday, September 30, 2005

Hey there!

Sorry this entry is so late.
Blogger was down.
Friday Feast is on delay.
I'm in a quandry over what to write.

Some days I come to the blog with an idea.
Some days, not.

Sept. 30th looms large.
It has for thirty-two years.
Sept. 30th is the anniversary of our parent's death.

So I thought about it all day yesterday. Not sad and morbid thoughts, just 'what should I talk about' thoughts.

I looked for a poem, I didn't find one.
I looked for a quote, I didn't find one.
I tried to download a song, it didn't work.

It's been such a long time. I don't feel very sad.
I just think things like, Emma is the age I was when my parents died.
Wow.

Thoughts like that.

When Katie turns seven, I will think; Katie is the age Janice and Janet were when Mom and Dad died.

When I went to bed last night, I thought; tonight is the night Mom and Dad died.
Kinda matter of factly.

I don't feel depressed and blue today. I just think about our parents a little bit more.

I remember them.
I long for them.
I wish they hadn't died so young.


Oh, darn, I just made myself cry.

I remember you,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.