Friday, February 18, 2005

Baby Story Friday Five




Janet proposed this Friday Five but she left the details up to me.
We could all tell very long and wonderful/horrible tales of our birth experiences...but let's try to keep it relatively short, but with as many exciting and interesting details as possible :o)

1. How old where you when you had your first baby?
2. How big was your biggest baby?
3. How small was your smallest baby?
4. How long was your shortest labor?
5. What advice do you give mothers-to-be?
bonus
6. Share with us your favorite birth story.


I was twenty-four when I had Patrick Jr.

He was our largest baby. 7 lbs and 12 oz. He had red hair just like his father.
I thought I would never have another child because of the difficulty of the birth.

Our smallest baby was Katie Gracie. She was only 5 lb. 6 oz. The nurse delivered her.

My shortest and best labor was with Matthew. We arrived at the hospital at 12:15 and Matthew was born at 12:54. (At 11:30 I wasn't sure I was in labor. Now that's the way to do it)

My advice is to relax. I tend to hold tight, in fear, I think. But as soon as I relaxed the babies came.

I guess my favorite birth experience is when Katie came flying into the world.
One little adjustment by the nurse on duty and Katie was on her way.
Nurse:Don't push!
Me: I can't help it!
Katie: Waaaa

Katie had the cord around her neck and this birth taught me the most about God's providence and timing.

(I can't leave Emma out altogether. I took demerol and so it's a daze...but I was very delighted to have a little girl)


_______

Our Matthew hurt his ankle playing basketball on Tuesday night. He will go in for an X-Ray today. Please pray for the doctors and nurses and techs to do their best. And please pray for healing....and no surgery.

_____________


I will be gone all day today...I look forward to reading your fabulous comments at the end of the day!

he he he who he he he who

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.