Saturday, February 26, 2005

Donna's House of Beauty





I didn't want to do it.
But Emma and Katie urged me to do it.
The tears before combing finally got to us all.
So, so long to your long baby hair, little Katie Gracie.

Snip, snip, snip.

I have the detached pony-tail saved in a box, just like I saved favorite dresses and a hand full of passys.

Growing up is good. It is a little hard on mommy, tho.

But this haircut has made Katie feel all light and sassy.

And free from the dreaded snarl.

__________

Do you have a hair-cutting philosophy at your house?
I do and I don't. I want the girls to look feminine but other than that I don't exert much influence.

But I haven't really been challenged in this area.
I have told Emma that I'd rather she not dye her hair...it is such a pretty color now.
And I don't think she is dying to do that...
And there is no fear of shaving of her head...
So we're okay there too :o)

I had to have a pixie when I was a little girl. I did not get to choose my hairstyle at all. I just remember my mother saying,
"When you are old enough to take care of it yourself you may have long hair."

Can you remember the sound of the scissors on your forehead? I can!

Oh my...I just remember...we would get perms once in a while!

Esther's House of Beauty

The smell of those Toni perms was hideous.
And I think the results were hideous too!

It is no wonder that all the girls in my high school had long straight hair...
we were recovering from the pixies and perms.

And spoolies!

Does anyone remember spoolies? Cindy got to curl her hair with spoolies.
They were little rubber spools that one would wind the hair around to curl.
She must have been the only one with hair long enough to do this.
Lucky Cindy.


Do you have hair rules at your house?
Any funny hair memories?

Do they still know how to cut 'the pixie'?

And yes...I had my hair cut like Dorothy Hamill when I was a freshman in college.
Aunt Betty just loved it :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.