Sunday, February 13, 2005

Delighting in You


O Lord, renew our spirits and draw our hearts unto Yourself, that our work may not be to us a burden but a delight; and give us such a mighty love to You as may sweeten our obedience. O let us not serve You with the spirit of bondage as slaves, but with cheerfulness and gladness, delighting in You and rejoicing in Your work.
--Benjamin Jenks



If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.
My Father will love him, and we will come to Him
and make our home with him.

--John 14:23

Yesterday I was looking at the way two sisters responded to their parents discipline.
I was thinking today how I have many times responded to our Heavenly Father in much the same way as I did with my earthly parents.

I may not fuss and rebel outwardly but the fighting and discontent dance in my head.
My sister Janet and I call this 'having a party in our heads'.
Sometimes it is a pity party, sometimes it is a party of doubts and fears.

But God is good to give us His word and to show us His true impeccable character.
And understanding more about God's Character is what has truly brought me around.

Believing that God's love for us is great, that He has plans for us, and that He desires to see us grow thru our struggles, is what helps me have a more obedient heart.

Create in me a clean heart O God,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.