Thursday, August 12, 2004

Just Right

Have you even noticed after buying a healthy food magazine, you find there is not one recipe in the whole magazine that you would ever try? This happens to me all the time. I am drawn in by the pretty pictures and make the impulse buy. Last month I bought Cooking Light. Thick and pretty...not a one.

So two weeks ago I was at Whole Foods, buying the wonder drug, Astragalas, when I saw some pretty pictures of food on the cover of Eating Well and I caved.






Guess What? It is fabulous! The articles are interesting and informative and I will be trying the potato salad tomorrow!

I will also be trying a recipe for Blueberry Bran Muffins that I found on line.

Guess who's trying to up her fiber intake.

Did you know a cup of raspberries has 8 grams of fiber. That is hard to beat for low in calories and high in fiber. Now, where do I find fresh raspberries that don't cost a fortune!

Here is a list of the ingredients I put together that I think would make a delish, low calorie, high fiber fruit salad.

Blueberries
Raspberries
Strawberries
Apples
Pears
Banana
Coconut

Do you think this would keep well in a covered container in the fridge? Yes, I know the bananas would get yucky, but other than those?

My Aunt Dorothy always kept containers of strawberries, pineapple and melons in her fridge. She would bring them out at breakfast. She knew how to eat well.

If you have a bran muffin that you love...that does not have raisins in it...won't you send it to me. :o) You can click on 'Me' right under Links on the sidebar.

Eat Well :o) and encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.