Saturday, January 16, 2021

Thirsty Birds

 



This morning I was in the bathroom and I heard some banging on the roof.  What could that be I wondered?  A squirrel?  Tap. Tap. Bang. Bang.
I looked out the window and saw a shiny black crow fly away from the gutter.
There was more tapping....
And I spied another big crow.

Last week I saw three crows fly into our yard. One was carrying a piece of toast.
A whole piece of toast.  This kept them interested for a few days.

I think what was going on this morning was the crows were trying to find some water in my gutter.
I think I'm going to see if I can provide water and feed them.  
I looked up this morning if it's okay to feed them and I found this sweet video story.

It seems that dog food is fine and scraps and eggs and peanuts....they like peanuts in the shell.  

Have you ever feed the crows?


Encourage one another,
Donna Elsie


4 comments:

  1. Truth: I have not ever fed crows, but we do have a small fountain in our side garden where birds come to get a drink everyday. And, I have read several books by Bernd Heinrich (Professor of Zoology at the University of Vermont) where he writes about ravens...cousins to crows. Have fun! love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love feeding crows and jays. Shelled peanuts and a water source seemed to make the difference. We have not made the crow meatballs, but I was thinking about trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might have some experience with this.
      So...they do not like the shell. I guess I have a job for tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I have not fed crows. But, my daughter and son in law had a family building a nest in their gutter. My Son in law had to get up on the ladder and break it out of there. So just watch for that too. I do love watching birds though. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.