Friday, March 18, 2022

Oh boy.

“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.”

~John Adams


I just read a few of John Adams' quotes.  My education on this man practically nil.  I think I have missed out.  
In homeschooling we call these gaps.

Off to learn.

Encourage one another,
Donna


5 comments:

  1. I have David McCoullough's book on John Adams. I never finished it. Maybe time to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in true Miz Boo style. I have found and started watching the John Adams mini series on HBO. It is based on the McCoullough book. I've seen it listed for years and thought... that looks boring. haha. It is an award winning series and Laura Linney plays his wife. Boston was a pretty wild place back in the day.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Donna, Amen to the quote!!! Don't worry about any "gap". I went to public school...elementary through a masters degree. And, as I am 74 years old, it was an old fashioned education. Then I worked as an school librarian for 30 years. And still I have never heard of that quote. Oh, how we need to be in prayer for the people of our nation.
    Dee S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! Every time there is an awards show, even though I rarely watch them, I come here to see what you have to say about the dresses. You've been slacking off. LOL Seriously though, I miss your blog posts. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:50 PM

    I love the John Adams mini series- in fact we own it. It is so well acted and so educational. It makes me long for some of the politicians in this country's early history.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.