Monday, May 01, 2023

Met Gala: Miz Boo: Searching for Beauty


Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty
Met Gala 2023




Like it.  Love those shoes.







Hello, pretty, nice, lovely looking couple.






You look elegant tonight.



One of my favorite black and white gowns.  
This one is so lovely.




My favorite!!!  The fabric is the classic Chanel tweed.  It's a perfect play on Chanel and something different and beautiful.
LOVE LOVE
LOVE




This nutty dress is my favorite of all the avantgard pieces.
This Dr Seuss-ish number made me smile.




Mindy, I hope someone got a picture of you not snarling because you look absolutely gorgeous in this pretty dress!!!




Very pretty.





I bet she had this in her closet.  
Effortless chic.
Her face is so pretty.  She is one of the most beautiful women there tonight.
I should figure out who she is.
(Update: This is Radhika Jones, the editor in chief of Vanity Fair)




Here is that Chanel tweed again.  This look is very good, I think.
Unique and fitting the theme without being INSANE.



Pretty






The black makes it a Lagerfeld look.  The pink is very pretty.







I wonder if there is a Lagerfeld pink.  Cause if there is...this is it.






Unique, but elegant and pretty.






Roger Federer and Mirka Federer.  
Perfect in every way.


Who knew it would take the Met Gala to bring me out of blogging hibernation???
Janet and I were chatting about the dresses and as I was compiling my faves I figured I'd share them with you too!  

Happy May!  

Hope you enjoyed the fashion show.  
The Vogue website has a few hundred wild and crazy outfits.  Feel free to check those out if you wish.
But you know me....
if you can't say something nice....


I'm just here to Add to the Beauty.
*wink

Encourage one another,
Donna 









 

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:16 AM

    Radhika Jones, the editor in chief of Vanity Fair 🤍 I had to do a deep dive last night because she took my breath away!! She is stunning. Such an understated chic!
    So happy to see you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No wonder she is so stylish.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Love the Chanel dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Ha! I'd a million times rather read your summary and look at your choices than watch any awards/gala/roast. So many really classy looks you shared! I think the plunging v-neck would benefit from a nice little camisole underneath. :0 You know your friend the Prude...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just bothered by her posture. But I'm glad you piped up...Stephie hasn't left her comment about the deep V yet :o). Prude One and Prude Two

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:25 PM

    I don't read blogs very often anymore, but I always check yours after a high fashion event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I hope we see more of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Have missed you over the last year! Thanks for coming back! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! Thanks for the welcome back. I'll try to do better this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.