Tuesday, January 06, 2004

The Sweetest Thing

One of the sweetest things I find on the blogs I read is the high regard many of these women have for their husbands. I find this very refreshing and encouraging.

To My Dear and Loving Husband

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persever,
That when we live no more we may live ever.

Anne Bradstreet 1676

___________________________________________


I am get ready (mentally) to start yet another diet....er...life-style change...

In theory, I like the principles laid out in What the Bible Says About Healthy Living.

The author, Dr. Rex Russell says, "My study of the Scriptures, my study of medicine and the application of these areas in my life have led me to three core goals or principles that I believe God has imparted to us to live healthier lives." He continues, "If you will memorize these three simple principles, a multitude of otherwise confusing decisions about health and diet can be simplified. And you'll be healthier for it! Here they are:

Principle I: Eat only substances God created for food.
avoid what is not designed for food.

Principle II: As much as possible, eat foods as they were
created-before they are changed or converted into
something humans think might be better.

Principle III: Avoid food addictions. Don't let any food
or drink become you god.


Makes sense to me on one level...but do you think that means I shouldn't be drinking my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper? :o)

Just one more thing about this topic, for now... I love this website and Mrs. Becker's articles. www.breadbeckers.com

I am a wheat-grinding-bread-making dreamer.
My excuse for not doing so....no one will eat it but me!

ttfn,
Donna









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.