Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Kitchen set.




Emma serving me something delicious, I am sure. Lately her pins and posts have been about loving the kitchen and cooking. This little picture made me happy this morning. Happy Cooking honey!  #throwbacktuesdaysathingright

Emma is serving me something delicious, I am sure.
Lately her pins and posts and phone calls have been about loving the kitchen and cooking.
I was delighted when I spotted this picture in her photo album this morning.

She is only One year old in this picture so I'm sure she did not take my order.  We were not playing restaurant at this age.
But if she was older, the order would have been Cobb Salad and a Diet Dr. Pepper.
Every single time.

But anyway...
it's good to be content at home, in the kitchen.

Food is love...
isn't it?


Encourage one another,
Donna










9 comments:

  1. Food is love? YES - it is!!

    And I love food ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'll say it again ... she's a darlin!

      Delete
  2. Such a happy, beautiful baby girl. Love this. And I love food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby will look nothing like Emma, but I hope they have those adorable giant cheeks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard Lidia Bastianich's daughter in an interview recently, and she said her fondest, clearest memory of love was when she would wake up as a teenager (often in the middle of the day, she said) to the smells and sounds of her mother in the kitchen. She said she thought it was the truest form of love in a family as it was such a tangible way for someone to show their love. She said it showed that someone not only took the time to create and prepare a meal, but that they also created a home with through the sounds, smells, sights, and tastes.... I loved her reflections, as that was what most represented my childhood home to me.

    Indeed, food is love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:20 PM

      I totally agree, meeshka. I have wonderful memories of hearing my mother in the kitchen too and I hope my kids will remember me that way. The time and effort it takes to cook is an act of servanthood but also one of joy, knowing that you are making something that will give other people happiness as they eat and chat together.

      Debbie Z.

      Delete
  5. What an adorable picture! I hope Emma's test results were helpful and she is doing well! --Missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:02 PM

    That darling girl and what a sweet outfit she has on in that picture, precious!
    continued love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.