Monday, June 28, 2004

The Strawberry Moon




There are names for the full moons. I had always known of the harvest moon and the blue moon...but the June Strawberry Moon is such a perfect name, don't you think?

I found a beautiful and poetic book yesterday called When the Moon is Full by Penny Pollock. It is illustrated by one of my favorite living artists Mary Azarian.

To my delight she has a website.

Now I have my calendar picked out for next year!!!

***********

The strawberry's are ripe and red all the way through and being sold at roadside stands right now, here in Wisconsin. We love strawberries in our family. Fresh strawberries and fresh pineapple and ohhhh a perfect fresh peach...

"ain't nothin' like the real thing baby..."

Strawberry Smoothie Recipe

Skim Milk (or skinny milk)
Frozen fresh strawberries
Splenda
Vanilla

Blend in a blender.

Yummy.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.