Wednesday, June 23, 2004

What She Said!

Carmon has written an excellent review of a book called Ideas have Consequences by Richard M. Weaver.

Carmon writes,

"this book is an analysis of how "modern" society left its moorings and replaced the important "center" with peripheral trivialities."

Yikes! Guilty as charged. Not completely and entirely...but I sure do like my peripheral trivialities.

Carmon shares Weaver's ideas on the Media which are right on and worth reading and pondering. Check it out at Buried Treasure.

The important 'center' in my worldview comes from Matthew 22:37 where Jesus says;

"'You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart, and with all you soul, and with all your mind,'
"This is the great and foremost commandment.
"The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

And besides believing what Jesus has to say...I actually believe that He sees and knows what I am doing each day. And that my actions matter to Him. And reflect upon Him. Be they good or filthy rags.

I believe that He is a God who is there.


____________

Hey...but on to the peripheral!

Find the list of the AFI Top 100 Songs here.

I saw the last 1/2 of the show last night. The only one that irked me was 'Mrs. Robinson' being in the top ten. That was the only big surprise to me.
The number one song was Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

One of my favorites...






A musical with worldview and family and fabulous humor and songs!

Can't you just hear the songs?

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.