Wednesday, April 20, 2005

This. is. Jeopardy.


Yes, Friday is the big try-out for Jeopardy.

I have butterflies already.

I dreamt about it last night. I was spotting my competition from afar. We were in a garage. Goofy.

Just relax and have fun is what I am telling myself.

I am not studying. I am playing along with the television. Like I have done for over 20 years. I have won three out of the last five shows.
That's pretty good.

But here is the problem. Yesterday I won because I knew I didn't know anything about The Cabinet so I didn't bet. All of the other contestants bet big and lost. I did not bet and won. Lucky.

So if I am going to go anywhere with Jeopardy it will be dumb luck or providence.

And really I am fine with that.

I am not being modest and I am not fishing for compliments.

Two days ago there was a category called 'Edward Albee'.

After a few clues I figured out who he was....and yesterday there was a category all about treaties. Not a clue.

So bring on the easy stuff...popular culture...easy history...general knowledge...

Please No Spelling!!!

And the only Shakespeare questions I can answer are;

What is Romeo and Juliet?

and

What is Taming of the Shrew?

So we will see.

Do you think they will let me bring my camera into the try-out? I'll try.
Maybe I will look at the Almanac a little bit over the next two days.

Wish I had the "I'm blogging this" t-shirt just for this occasion.

hehehe

Thanks for your good wishes and thank you so much for the encouraging words about Emma's essay.

Lynn, you made a very nice observation about the essay going from the inside of the house to the outdoors. Emma says it was not on purpose. But it is an interesting method and I think a great pointer for future essays.

Fluttering off to make pancakes...
Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.