Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Feast


Appetizer
Describe a toy you remember from your childhood.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how observant are you?

Salad
Where would you rather be at this very moment?

Main Course
When was the last time you learned something new?

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have ____________ but I haven’t ____________.





Here is a toy I remember from my childhood.

It's Midge.

Barbie's friend.

I think it's kinda cool, cause I have always been 'the friend'.

As a high school Senior, I won Most Friendly and Most Courteous.

I hated winning those.

I wanted to be Most Popular and Prettiest.

Cause I was really shallow.

Mrs. Williams, our lovely next door neighbor, thought I had been chosen for the best kind of awards. And told me so. But I still thought they were dumb.

I love Mrs. Williams.
She also told me once, when I griped about moving to the boonies in northern Wisconsin, to 'bloom where I was planted.'

Wise woman.

Anyway, back to Midge.

I must not have had her very long, because I don't remember playing with her a whole lot, but I clearly remember sitting next to Aunt Barb while she worked on re-curling Midge's hair.

She was using a pencil and was taking great care to make Midge look pretty.

I was a little pixie wearing tomboy and it probably never dawned on my to take the time to fix poor Midge's hair.

Midge wouldn't have won most popular and prettiest either.

But I'll bet she would have won Most Friendly.

And look at her.

She looks just like I did as a little girl.

Except for the curls.

I don't know how she survived our crazy, doll-haircutting skillz.

But then, I don't know what happened to Midge.

Sue or Cindy probably cut her hair off...and then Janice or Janet probably banged her on the high chair until her head popped off and rolled away.

Naw. That would have been memorable. I would remember that.

Midge was probably left outside in the dirt, or in a wagon full of caterpillars or buried in the bottom of a toy box.

Poor Midge.

But not really.

Cause beauty fades, even if you use every single beauty product discussed yesterday, twice, and well...

friends are forever :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.