Monday, July 16, 2007




If you stopped by, this is the welcome you would receive.
Well.
Just the first welcome.
The second would be a hug from me
and a hiss from the cat.

But Katie made sure you would see her artwork and feel welcome at the same time :o)

She asked me where to put it up.
I told her, "Anywhere but on the new blue walls."

I like where she put it :o)


*************




If you love handmade jewelery. You should come to this art fair.




If you love crowds.
You should come to this art fair.

There must be a better time to attend.
Next year. I am going later in the afternoon.

I only stayed one hour.

Zip. Zip. Zip thru the Zombies.




The Greek food was plenty.
Why Greek food has become the delight of Madison fairs.
I do not know?
But man, it smelled fabulous.




And looked spectacular!

Yup.
The best picture I took at the art fair was of food.

And believe it or not. I didn't eat.
It was too early to eat.
Who eats Greek food at 10:00am.

But I looked for a 'to go' box and didn't see one.
And the thought of walking around with a steaming box of food while navigating the crowd
was very unappealing.

I checked it out.
The Greek Fest is in two weeks.

We are going to that!
And I am planning on eating!

It is at the Greek Orthodox church here in town.
(A church I have not been to yet :o)

It should be authentic!

Anyone.... want to come with?

*********

But about the art at the art fair.

My winner was a woman named Audrey Heller.

Audrey Heller

You really must go and look at the whimsical, clever photographs!

Go and then come back and tell me which one is your favorite.

I adored the woman sweeping the coffee cake and the people sitting on the edge of the coffee cup.

And the swimmer with the lifesavers and the chef with the garlic.

Unique, fun, well done.

They made me smile.


***********

I needed a smile this weekend.

Our oldest son Patrick is moving even farther away from here.
He left Omaha yesterday and is headed to Bellingham, Washington.

(Karen and Drenna, I will be emailing you :o)

He is off on an new adventure.
A fresh start.

I am having a harder time with this than I did when he left for college.

It is so far away.
And every time I think about it,
it makes me sad.


I need to put my usual positive spin on this...
but, I'm not quite there yet.



There are joys which long to be ours. God sends ten thousands truths, which come about us like birds seeking inlet; but we are shut up to them, and so they bring us nothing, but sit and sing awhile upon the roof, and then fly away.
~Henry Ward Beecher


"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."
~Martin Luther


"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
~John Wayne


"The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too."
Teresa of Avila


"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."
~Victor Hugo



God be with you, dear son.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.