Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Big Love

DSC_4704

Esther and Jim.

This is not at their wedding.
They must be guests.

Mom does not have mascara on. I wonder about that.
Dad's hair is a thing of beauty, isn't it?

Dad has both of his arms all the way around mom.
That says something.

I have the original 5 x 7 of this one.  It's a treasure.



DSC_4705

Donna and Emma

(how many of you thought this was Katie?)

Emma is sitting on the dining room table.
I am holding her safely.

I do not like to put mascara on.
Emma's hair is in her usual top knot.

I treasure those days.
I loved my babies.


My parent's friends have told us how much Esther loved her babies.
They told us how much our dad watched over us.


Maybe it's easy to love well when you have been loved well.

My heart breaks for those who haven't been so blessed.




Encourage one another and love.
Donna


P.S.  September 30th is the anniversary of my parents death.  I saw this post in my archives yesterday and thought I would share it today.



15 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Love, it is the best thing ever!
    We may not live forever, but the love we give others does and will...what a blessing!
    prayers and love, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:35 PM

      {{{LIKE}}}

      ~ S

      actually I LOVE this

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Anonymous9:12 AM

      You inspired me, so yesterday I went through a cabinet that held all the cards and letters we received when my mother died. I felt that love all over again from friends and family and remembered what a blessing it was to have a mother who loved me. There were some tears, too. love and prayers, jep

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you were reminded of your mother and her love. I'm sorry you cried. ((Jep))

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:54 PM

    I, too, love how your dad had both his arms around your mom. It is obvious that he absolutely treasured her. You put it so well, stating that it is easy to love when you have been well-loved. I am thankful to God for that blessing in my life as well.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy J in WI1:16 PM

    I would have loved to have met your parents. I can imagine that they were wonderful people...never a dull moment. Such a sweet pic of you and Emma. And now you have grandbabies to love; where do the years go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:38 PM

    You have a heritage of love, and you're living it with your kiddos, and passing it on to the grands ... God bless you, Donna - I'm sure the 30th is a tough day.

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very dear, Donna. I was blessed as well. Which makes me miss them more! Blessings on you and your sweet loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Your parents did their job well and now you are doing the same. Circle of life -- circle of love. May it always keep turning. ((Hugs)) and love to you.

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother looks so lovely without the mascara. Your dad has so much character in his face. What a precious photo. NO! 2 precious photos! You and Emma too. Your parents really started something great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna5:45 PM

    They did, didn't they!
    Thanks Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:25 PM

    What a beautiful couple your parents were.............So Handsome and stylish! Is that your White Street house with Emma? You are absolutely gorgeous Donna,look so much like your Mom. Love you, Karen F.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey it's me and you <3 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this post, Donna. Beautiful parents who passed down beautiful traits to their children. A legacy for generations to come. Hugs.

    P.S. Wedding things are keeping me busy. It's keeping me from visiting as often, but I try to catch up when I have a chance. Love this place of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.