Thursday, October 02, 2014

Wisconsin in the fall.

DSC_8305-4b

Pines and Maples.
Crows and Geese.
Packers and Badgers.
Wool and Fleece.

October is here.
Look!!





"O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
One from our trees, one far away."
-   Robert Frost, October





Encourage one another,
Donna





9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Oh, thank you. I needed some beautiful poetry this morning.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever get to visit Wisconsin, I sure would like to come and see the colors of fall. That photo is a perfect capture of the diversity of autumn, Donna!

    "Make the day seem to us less brief." Amen to that. Days are flying by way too quickly. These sweet days will soon be gone, so I am going to enjoy every minute.

    I am glad to have a friend who is so good at reminding me to enjoy the beauty of each day, of each season of life. Thanks, Donna.

    I didn't comment yesterday, but you know the post you wrote about your parents so long ago was the first post I ever read at Quiet Life. I knew then that this was a place that talked about things that matter (and, yes, the red carpet matters (-:) and that you are a person who knows what it is to LIVE. Thanks, dear Donna Elsie. Hugs to you!

    Love always,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:20 PM

      Di says it perfectly. : )
      Thanks, Donna!

      Sarah P. from Iowa

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:16 PM

      ditto - what Di said. :-)

      thanks, Donna!

      ~ Susan

      Delete
    3. Anonymous2:36 PM

      Word, Di!

      Thanks so much, Donna!

      Mary Z

      Delete
    4. Anonymous7:02 AM

      Amen to Di's comment. If we ever get to come to Wisconsin, I want it to be in the Fall.
      love and prayers, jep

      Delete
  3. I love your photography posts Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall. I am waiting, oh, so patiently. I long for it after seeing your photos and reading the poems. And don't you just love Robert Frost's name?

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.