Friday, August 04, 2017

What if you watched these movies?

August is here...
Katie is visiting Wesleyan University in Conn.
She loves it.  It is a perfect fit for her.
Even more perfect if she gets accepted.
Her east coast Glyman family has been taking the best care of her. I am so grateful.
Christine, Emma and Delaney and Katie will go to Mystic ( a town on the ocean) today!
They will have nice weather for it...
It is currently 55 degrees here in Wisconsin.
I don't mind that for a day or two in the summer,
it's refreshing.  And I love opening the window and sleeping with fresh air
after a long spell of being all closed up.




Do you need a movie to watch?

Here are two that come to mind that I like a lot.
One I've never mentioned before and an older favorite.



A very sweet romantic comedy.
I have a little crush on Zoe Kazan.  (She is also in this summer's The Big Sick.
You know, the one I was watching when I spilled all that popcorn butter on myself.)
Yeah.  I want popcorn now.

Anyway.  There is something about What if... that makes me keep watching it.
I think I've seen it four times in a year.
The music is sweet...I think that might be part of it.






And a few weeks ago I MADE Emma and her roommate watch ON GOLDEN POND with me.
This movie is hilarious to me and sweet and touching.  I love it.
I remember making the kids all watch it with us...and Patrick Jr. said,
why are we watching this?

Maybe you have to be over 50.
Maybe you have to be married to a beloved  "old poop".
I'm not exactly sure...
but this movie speaks to me like no other.


Watch On Golden Pond.  
Tell me what you think.
And watch What if... too!

Love ya.
Donna Elsie






9 comments:

  1. Mystic! Love the movie Mystic Pizza that takes place there. :)

    What If is one of my and Molly's favorites. And love the emotional On Golden Pond. It speaks to me more now than at the age I originally saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "On Golden Pond" - one of my all-time favorites! In fact, we are getting ready to head out for a camping trip and it is in our camper for just in case it rains! I would love to live on a lake in the north and hear the loons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful that Katie found a perfect fit! I will be praying she gets accepted, that is a ways from home. I haven't seen, "What If" and it has been many years since watching "On Golden Pond". We will have to hunt them down. Thanks, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Hope this works, we have a new computer!
    I told my hubby, "We are living On Golden Pond." Wow, did I think Henry Fonda and Katherine Hepburn were old when we first saw that movie. ;-) Love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 AM

    I can't be the only one checking in every day. :) Hope everyone's well, Donna. I need to adapt to the new reality of Quieter Life! QLCS 4eva!! ;) Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:26 AM

    I have a feeling that our dear Miz Boo is busy with subbing work or getting Katie ready for school. I also check in often and even when I could not write, have been keeping you each one in my prayers. Love and prayers to all, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:03 AM

      Lovely to see your comments, jep. I'm so glad you got a new computer! Blessings to you and to our dear Donna and to all the Quiet Life readers.

      Debbie Z.

      Delete
  7. It's been ages since I've watched On Golden Pond. A friend mentioned it the other day while we were at her lake house and she is in her early 40's. ;) It must be time to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to watch both of those movies with you! : ) I haven't seen either. The only time I really get to watch a movie is if I go to the movies. Kaish and I went to see The Glass Castle a few weeks ago. I thought the acting was phenomenal. Did you ever read the The Glass Castle? It is one of my all time favorite books. I have to start taking the kids on college trips. Kaish and Bria are unlike Katie in the fact that their grades are not stellar. Bria says she wants to be a pediatrician. I explain the length and difficulty of medical school but she still wishes for that occupation. We will see. Kaish has no idea. Literally no idea. He gets very stressed when we discuss it. I told him he doesn't have to know right away. He is leaning towards TV production or broadcasting right now. We will see. We got the Look Book for Philadelphia University of the Arts and it was SO beautiful. I think that would be a perfect school for him. Nice and close to me. : ). I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.