Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The 'Go Tigers' Scarf




The 'go tigers-knit it twice to make it long enough' scarf will be how I think of this little orange wonder :o)

Isn't it wild? The Squiggle yarn is actually called 'Firecracker', but to me it said Tigers!

Our homeschooling soccer team was put together by Anita. She willingly and brilliantly put together two soccer teams for our homeschoolers here in the Madison area. I just wanted to give her a little thank you.

The teen age girls were very impressed with her fuzzy scarf.



Katie couldn't stand not being in the picture. Peek!


You too can knit!

I would teach each and every one of you. But since that is a little far-fetched you must find someone near to you to help. There are beginner classes, grandmothers, friends, internet video demonstrations, books...
So many of the knitting websites are hosted by women who have taught themselves.


The scarves I just knit are perfect first projects. You only need to know how to cast on, knit and cast off.

It will feel a little awkward at first, but just keep stitching!

You can do it!

Loving the unlovable is even harder than knitting.

The following reply is in response to severe, complaints I read on a message board yesterday.
I did not respond because all I could think of saying was, "Snap out of it!"

But that was not very gracious so after a little more thought, I came up with this~
(but I'm still not posting it over at the other board)

We all have unlovable people in our lives.

Every single one of us.

And guess what?

They are there on purpose. God thinks it is *so* important for us to get over ourselves and learn to Forgive and to Love, that the unlovable folks will always be with us.

The are sort of indispensable to God.

He uses unlovable people to shape our character, to form us more to His image.

If you escape one thorn...without learning to love and forgive...God will, no doubt...give you another thorn.

-Matthew 5:44
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8
-Psalm 103:8

Donna's definition of Forgiveness; forgiveness does not mean it is o.k. that you have been harmed, injured, abandoned, etc. I think it means giving your sorrows up to God to deal with.

"Here God...you take this pain and hurt...I give it to you.
Help me, ease my pain,
thank You for always forgiving me, when I hurt others...and when I am unlovable"

Definitely harder than knitting.

Encourage one another,
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.