Saturday, October 16, 2004

"We got nothin'"

This summer Patrick and Matthew replaced our thermostat with a bright shiny new thermostat. It worked quite lovely with the air conditioner.

However, last night Patrick figured it was time. Time to turn on the furnace.

Well, the furnace doesn't agree.

So today's big project is solving this household problem.

Patrick will work on it and Katie I will stay out of the way.




Flown the coop

Emma and Matthew are both in Nebraska for the weekend.
Emma went with her friends from up north. They are on a college visiting excursion. The Yates just happen to drive right by our town so they picked Emma up yesterday morning. Emma is delighted. They are a very fun bunch!

Matthew took three friends from here in Madison to Omaha to visit his brother, Patrick Jr.

Since I have not heard from them yet...I will Trust they are all fine...and not dead in a ditch or underwater somewhere along the way.

My sister Sue and I think this way...

We call these Morbid Mom Thoughts.

Those horrid thoughts that must be quickly brushed away come to you like a flash when you become a mom. It takes great skill, practice and faith to deal effectively with them.

A lot of faith and a little Scarlett O'Hara is what it really takes.

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
-Scarlett

"Father, hear us, we are praying,
Hear the words our hearts are saying,
We are praying for our children."
-Amy Carmichael

A prayer and a movie quote...solves just about any problem.

Encourage one another,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.