Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Jack Frost

Isn't there a famous poem about Jack Frost? I have looked and this is the only one I find. It's a pretty poem, but not the one I am thinking of.

Jack Frost
by Helen Bayley Davis

Someone painted pictures on my
Windowpane last night --
Willow trees with trailing boughs
And flowers, frosty white,

And lovely crystal butterflies;
But when the morning sun
Touched them with its golden beams,
They vanished one by one



Yesterday morning Katie walked as in a trance to look out the window at the frost covered grass.

Me: That's not snow...that's frost.
Katie: oh...
Me: Jack Frost has been to visit.

(insert famous children's poem or song...if I could think of one!)


*On the knitting front.

I turned the corner(of the heel) on the socks I have been knitting last night.
It is a crying shame that it takes me two weeks to knit one pair of adult socks.
Give me two days...and this pair should be finished.

Katie and I both wore our hand-knit socks yesterday.
It was a simple pleasure :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.