Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Constant Gardener.

Watching The Constant Gardener was challenging on many levels.
It is shot in a choppy, slanted, oddly edited way. (I suppose there are proper cinematic terms for this type of filming, but I don't know what they are; Avant-Guard, perhaps)
The storyline is not chronological. The characters reveal themselves in subtle ways.
(similar to The English Patient, which also stars Ralph Fiennes)

The plot is emotionally tough too.

Betrayals galore.
Very little hope.
A mad world, really.


I failed her, Ham.

I lost my faith in her.

No, she forgives you.

She loved you rotten too, you know.






Not at all a movie of hope.

A love story-spy-thriller.

A most disturbing love story-spy-thriller.


But, my, it's a mad world.



And if that's your cup of tea...this one's for you.


Have you seen The Constant Gardener?
What did you think of the film?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.