Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Takin' a trip


Katie and I are going on a little trip today. We are going to visit a long time friend, Karen, who I haven't seen since I was expecting Katie, I think.

We were young mommies together.
Her Ryan is the same age as Patrick, Michael is the same age as Matthew and Jessica is weeks apart from Emma.
The children played and Karen and I chatted.
We worked on church projects and went to aerobics together.

They moved to Washington not long after the girls were born.

Seems so many friends moved away back then.

Emma and I flew out for a visit once or twice and Karen and her family come back to Wisconsin to visit their relatives, so we have had to chance to keep up...a little.

But with some friends, there is this bond.

I think it comes from many hours of quiet chats.
A comfortable-ness.
A sharing of self, that can't be erased.

It's etched in the emotional memory bank.

She is a lovely person.

And I'm so thankful that friendship is important to her.
Cause it is to me...
And sometimes it takes some effort, when time and distance are in the way...

But the effort is always very worth it in the end.

My heart will be filled with friendship today.


A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. ~William Penn



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.