Thursday, March 29, 2012

windmills-lo

Five minutes from my house you are in the country.
(This picture is exactly 50 miles from my house.)

When people hear Wisconsin. They think this ^^

But we live in town. We are surrounded by houses and trees and lawns and people.
We can even hear the highway. This is very un-country-like in my opinion.



donkeyears-lo
donkey-lo

If I really lived in the country.
I would have a donkey.
And an alpaca.
And some chickens.



buggie-lo


And I would always drive carefully around the buggies.
And smile.




Anybody can be good in the country. ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray


THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
— Wendell Berry






Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.