Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The new thing to say is....

First world problems

Here is an example:

I hate it when I get home from Starbucks and my drink is gone.

Consider yourself educated and ready to hit the ground running with that.


****

A great movie quote is one that stands alone, brilliantly, outside the story.
But it means the most to those who recall it fondly.
~Donna Boucher



Last night my son Patrick wrote on his Facebook wall, "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Immediately I thought of You've Got Mail. But isn't that from another movie?
I yelled to my husband, who happened to be in the bathroom, what movie is this line from?
He said, The Godfather.
Yes. That's what I thought.

Tom Hanks refers to The Godfather a number of times in You've Got Mail. He calls it the iching somethingorother...

You remember. "Go to the mattresses." or " Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday."

But I was actually typing lines from Downton Abbey on my wall as Patrick Jr. was typing a line from The Godfather...and then I wrote the above comment.

Lines from Downton, such as this;


"Without you, I have no one to pray for."

That is utterly lovely as it is....and even more touching when you think of dear Daisy.


"You are a storm braver, if ever I saw one!"

That is a GREAT line. It's so full of encouragement :o)


"I want a good man for you, a brave man."

Every daddy should say those words to their daughters at least once.

"Oh Papa."



Quotes that pop into my head regularly;

Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.
~An Affair to Remember


...it was the nearest thing to heaven! You were there...
~An Affair to Remember
I can not see the Empire State building without saying this quote.


We just get the one life, you know. Just one. You can't live someone else's or think it's more important just because it's more dramatic. What happens matters. May be only to us, but it matters.
~Ghost Town


"Tis but a scratch."
you guess...


"Well, I - I think that it - it wasn't enough to just want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em - and it's that - if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?
Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!"
~The wizard of oz


Those are the ones that popped into my head just now.

What movie quote to you think or say at least once a day?
There must be one!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.