Friday, July 17, 2015

Mo Vaughn

I don't know if I ever told this story, but here goes.

It goes back to the 90's.

I was driving Matthew and at least three of his friends to the Marinette YMCA.
I'm pretty sure they were playing basketball.  They were loud and talking excitedly in the back seat about baseball.  They went on and on about someone making 30 million dollars.  I was sure they said he was mowing the lawn.  I blurt out, "You get 30 million dollars for MOWING THE LAWN!"

To which the boys laugh and shout, "NO!  The player's name is Mo Vaughn!"





I may go down in history as the nuttiest mom.


XO
Donna Elsie

11 comments:

  1. You have some pretty stiff competition in the Nutty Mom Contest. Just sayin'.

    I can so easily imagine that car ride. Those are sweet memories, aren't they?

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Sure is hot! ;P

    XOXO

    sis' cindy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have titled this "sure is hot" but only my sisters would get it 👍🏻😀

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:02 PM

    and FYI...I am NOT a ROBOT? What is that!?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that' pretty funny. I think I need my ears cleaned out..Im MIS hearing things this week at homE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute story! My husband and son are mowing the lawn right now. I'm sure they wish they got paid $30 million for doing that job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! Does your son remember this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a similar moment with the 1-800 flowers commercial. I remember sitting on my couch saying what on earth would anyone do with 800 flowers"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or the best Mom! : )

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.