Thursday, February 17, 2005

Poppy Seed Bread

You should see the recipe card that I have this recipe written on. Let's just say that it looks well loved!

You will need to grease and flour two bread pans and preheat the oven to 350.

3 C. flour
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/2 C. milk
1 1/3 C. cooking oil
2 1/4 C. sugar
1 1/2 T. poppy seeds
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 t. almond
1 1/2 t. butter flavoring

Mix on medium for two minutes.

Cool 5 minutes and glaze.

1/4 C. orange juice
3/4 C. white sugar
1/2 t. butter flavoring
1/2 t. almond flavoring
1/2 t. vanilla

Bake for 1 hour. Check @ 50 minutes.

Stir together and pour over warm bread.
This makes a sugary crust on the outside of the bread.

Cool-remove from pan-wrap.

This is very sweet and could be considered dessert--or not :o)
I happen to love almond flavoring.
I think I prefer it to chocolate. I would never buy a chocolate croissant. But an almond croissant is perfection.

Which do you prefer? Do you love chocolate above all else?
Hey, I know how to start a conversation! Chocolate, coffee, shoes...

**Denise K, I was happy to hear you liked the Italian Restaurant salad!
Thanks for letting me know.

***Dana--blogging trick #1
When at a loss for words, share a recipe.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.