Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Thank you very much for your prayers for Matthew.

He is indeed sick. He has mono.

I picked Matthew up in Des Moines on Sunday (Patrick Jr. met us there so I didn't have to drive all the way to Omaha) and man, he looked wiped!

He was mostly worried about the little lumps on his neck and one on his back. And, well, the fact that he is exhausted and has night sweats...

So he agreed to go to the doctor.

Yesterday we headed to the pediatrician. (It was odd to go to the pediatrition with a big strappin' boy. He is almost 21! But the receptionists assured me that it was fine for Matthew to be there. They said, it is not uncommon for people to stay with their pediatrition until they are out of college.)

They checked for strep. Nope.
Bloodtest. Yes.

Definitely Mono.

"Drink fluids and rest."


Isn't it surprising that there is not a drug to kill virus' yet?
I find it surprising.


So you might think Matthew is resting away. Drinking his organic Apple Juice.

You might think that!?!

But, no.

He went on a trip to visit some friends in the Northwoods.
The big basketball game reunion is tonight and he was NOT going to miss it.

Bother!


There comes a time when children don't do what you tell them.
It is a challenging time.

I usually don't boss my college boys. They are making decisions for themselves now.

I know I am right. I know I should be honored.

I know I am not in control.

Like I said, challenging.


This is why I am so thankful for my faith in God.

When I don't have any control over things....or people....

I am glad I can entrust my things or people to Him....

To His capable, loving, trustworthy hands.

It's all I can do, sometimes.



At what age do you stop 'forcing' your children to do things?
How did you determine this age?

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.