Thursday, February 23, 2006





Eureka!

Trekking XXL, in person...at our Local Yarn Shop.

What a find!

I have been watching bloggers knit with this yarn for over a year. I have thought, I gotta get me some of that.

I was so close once or twice to buying some of it on line....it was in the shopping cart....but I didn't buy it.

But last night the knitting stars were aligned.

I dropped Katie off at Awana and headed to The Sow's Ear (LYS) (It is so local...it is next door to church!)

I had one dollar to spend until I could redeem $25.00 on my frequent shopper card.

And there it was.
Perched on the top shelf.

What's this?
Could it be?

Trekking XXL.

Hello gorgeous.

Five steps to the front counter, I order a hot chocolate.

Ten steps to be back counter, I pay for the yarn.

Five Dollars!!

Yes, you heard right. Five dollars for thirty dollars of delicious yarn.

Man, it just doesn't get any better than that :o)


The blue is for my sock exchange pal. She requested blues.
I think it is perfect.

The other skein is for me :o)

************

Emma was feeling better last night. How could I tell? She rose from the couch and scooted (walking like Natasha in a sleeping bag) over to the computer.

However, I heard a lot of coughing in the night...so we shall see how she feels this morning.

We are not accustomed to being sick for more than 24 hours at our house.
We are really quite blessed in the health dept.


Katie has dance today.
Hooray!
Wait til I tell her.
She will run upstairs, immediately, and put on her leotard and tights.

Then we will go through the..."It feels funny" for about ten minutes and I will try to be gentle and understanding while wanting to blow my top...

And then she will be okay and dance around the house until 2:00.

What a girl!


What has made you smile this week?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.